Saturday, March 19, 2005

Modular Parts

In the little time that I actually code and test the RC core, I've come up with a list of modules that it's running.

  • A to D conversion with reading to output transform
  • R/C servo control
  • 2.4GHZ transciever
  • Brushed Motor Control
  • CAN network

Now, as I look at the MilesTAG2020 system, I have these modules:

  • A to D conversion
  • IR encoding
  • IR decoding
  • 2.4GHz Zigbee transciever
  • CAN Network
  • Brushed motor control (feedback, cyclic operation)
  • R/C servo control (turrets, drive motors)
  • Human Interface design (LCD menus)

Although not initially intended to be used together, the RC core will become a stepping stone for the MILES2020 system. I suspect I might make a few target drones and recon UGV's eventually, maybe even put a turret on a UAV.

Now, I need a name that isn't TM the MilesTAG guys, but relates to being compatible...

No comments: